We brought you reports about how EFCC has slammed 11 charges bordering on Fraud against Rapper, Azeez Fashola, popularly known as Naira Marley.
According to multiple reports, Marley risks seven years imprisonment if he’s found guilty of credit card fraud, as Section 33 (2) which he’s accused of breaching, reads: “Any person who uses: a counterfeit access device; an unauthorised access device; an access device issued to another person; resulting in a loss or gain commits an offence and shall be liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term of not more than seven years or a fine of not more than N5,000,000.00 and forfeiture of the advantage or value derived from his act.
The charges were filed with suit number, FHC/L/178C/19 before a Lagos State High Court.
According to EFCC, some of the credit cards had the names, Nicole Louise Malyon, and Timea Fedorne Tatar.
The alleged crimes were in contravention of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act and the Cyber Crimes Act.
The charges read in part, “That you, Azeez Adeshina Fashola, aka Naira Marley, and Raze (still at large), on or about the 11th day of December 2018, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, conspired amongst yourselves to use access card 42658840359191132 issued to persons other than you in a bid to obtain gain and you thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 27(1)(b) of the Cyber Crimes (Prohibition, Prevention etc) Act 2015 and punishable under Section 33(2) of the Same Act. “That you, Azeez Adeshina Fashola, aka Naira Marley, and Raze (still at large), on or about the 10th day of May 2019, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, with intent to defraud possessed counterfeit card 4921819410257431 issued to Timea FedorneTatar and you thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 33(9) of Cyber Crimes (Prohibition, Prevention etc) Act 2015.”
The artiste has been enmeshed in controversy in the last one month following his decision to openly support online fraud commonly called ‘Yahoo Yahoo’. He was arrested last Friday along with four others including his bosom friend, Zlatan Ibile.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a world-leading centre for research and postgraduate education in public and global health.
- Application deadline: 8 April 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are offered for the PhD degree programme.
- Study Subject: Project Title: Impact of changes in the food environment on food and drink purchasing using large-scale secondary data.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: The studentship is only open to applicants who meet the Home/EU fee rate requirements.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The studentship is only open to applicants who meet the Home/EU fee rate requirements.
- Entrance Requirements: We invite applications from outstanding and highly motivated students who have a Masters degree in epidemiology, quantitative social/geographical science, GIScience, data science, social/medical statistics, modelling or similar with a substantial quantitative component. An undergraduate degree (1st class honours or 2.1) in a relevant discipline with the demonstrable strong quantitative component is desirable.
Introduction: The mode of applying is online or electronically.
How to Apply: To apply for this studentship, applicants should submit an application for research degree study in the Faculty of Public Health & Policy, via the LSHTM application portal. Under the ‘Funding Section’ of the application form please clearly state ‘Bloomsbury PhD Studentship’. Instead of uploading a research proposal please upload a one-page cover document stating that you are applying for this project, and outlining why you are a suitable candidate for the PhD.
Scholarship Link by Scholarship Positions
Scholarship Positions is world’s most trusted source of scholarships and financial aid for international students.