The Lund University Global Scholarship programme seeks to acknowledge high achieving students by giving academic excellence grants to finance their academic pursuit at the Institution.
Application Deadline: Students applying for degree programmes in English for Autumn 2021 (August/September) session should apply:
- Late October – 15th January 2021 for studies starting in the autumn semester (August/September).
- Application for the scholarship will be in early February 2021, after the deadline to apply for studies.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International (country from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland)
To be taken at (country): Lund University, Sweden
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Scholarship grants may cover 25%, 50%, 75% or up to 100% of the tuition fee. The scholarship percentage awarded depends on the budget available to the programme/faculty. It has no reflection on the students’ academic level of excellence.
- Please note that scholarships are toward tuition fees only and that living costs are not covered. Scholarship recipients must still be able to fund their living costs, as per the requirements of the Swedish Migration Board.
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarship will last for the duration of study
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for a scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country from outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland) and are required to pay a tuition fee
- Applicants must have applied for Bachelor’s or Master’s level studies in the regular application rounds for a minimum of one semester of study (30 ECTS)
Application Process: To apply for a Lund University Global Scholarship, you must first apply for the programme(s) or free-standing course(s) you wish to study at Lund University using the online, national application website, www.universityadmissions.se, during the application period. Once you have made a complete application to a degree programme or free-standing courses of at least 30 ECTS credits and paid the application fee, you will be able to apply for the scholarship.
As part of this online application, you need to upload your scholarship ‘motivation letter’ (maximum 600 words) to the scholarship application portal. Please note that the scholarship “motivation letter” is different from any statement of purpose you may be required to submit as part of your programme application documents. Your scholarship personal “motivation letter” should explain why your academic performance and reasons for applying to Lund University make you an appropriate recipient for a Lund University Global Scholarship.
You can only apply for one Lund University Global Scholarship per programme or free-standing course. However, it is still possible for you to apply to other scholarships, such as (for example) the Swedish Institute scholarships.
- Tags:Global Scholarship