Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program is now accepting applications for the 2020/2021 Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP).
Application Deadline: 18th November, 2019, at 5 p.m. Tunisia time.
Eligible Countries: Tunisia
To be taken at (country): USA
About the Award: TCCSP is an educational exchange program that offers a scholarship for one academic year (approximately 10 months) to study at an accredited community college in the United States. The program will provide participants with a deeper understanding of American culture and provide new globally-applicable skills and expertise to help them contribute to the growth and development of Tunisia.
TCCSP is a part of the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program and is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Field of Study: For the 2020/2021 Academic Year the following fields of study are eligible:
Business Management and Administration
Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Is a citizen of Tunisia;
- Is currently residing in Tunisia;
- Is currently enrolled as a first- or second-year full-time undergraduate (Licence) student in good academic standing at the time of application at an ISET (Institut Supérieur des Etudes Technologiques), IHET (Institut Supérieur des Etudes Touristiques), or ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie);
- Is able to receive and maintain a U.S. J-1 visa;
- Is committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program;
- Is able to achieve a TOEFL score of 440 (PBT) or likely to achieve this score after short-term preacademic
English training in the United States prior to the start of the academic year; and
- Is at least 18 years old by July 1, 2020.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: TCCSP provides funding for the following: J-1 visa support; roundtrip travel from the participant’s home city to their host institution in the United States; tuition and mandatory university fees; a health benefits plan; a monthly allowance for living expenses; and a limited allowance for textbooks.
Duration of Programme: 10 months
How to Apply: Applicants are encouraged to complete the application online. Online Application can be
It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.