Honey is known as one of the most delightful substances on earth only produced by honeybees and enjoyed all over the world. It has been one of the most used ingredients in skin care products as it helps keep the skin younger, radiant, and very smooth.
Do you know that the combination of milk and honey was known as the elixir of life and Cleopatra’s most prized beauty secret?
Unprocessed honey is known to contain the following properties Amino acids, vitamin B, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, and Sodium which are good for the body as a whole.
To see the good results of honey, one must be patient and consistent as it doesn’t work in a day.
Here are the benefits of honey to the skin;
- Honey has anti-bacterial properties that speed the healing of wounds.
- Honey can be used to enhance one’s skin and face as it tends to serve as a moisturizer for the skin from deep within. Applying one spoon of honey on clean dry skin, and left for about 15-20 minutes before being rinsed with cool water can serve as a perfect moisturizing mask.
- Honey is great for fighting acne.
- It slows the ageing process.
- It’s a go go for complexion boost, if you want that glow, go for honey.
- Honey is great for pores.
- It is a great cleanser and exfoliator.