The organizers of Big Brother Naija reality TV show have made an official announcement on their social media page.
According to the post shared on the official Instagram page of DSTV on Monday, June 3, 2019, the much awaited season 4 of Big Brother Naija is set to premiere on June 30, 2019.
The post reads ;
“Okay! We CAN’T wait no more! #BBNaija2019 storms your screens on June 30th! *Available on all DStv packages* Proudly sponsored by @bet9jaig.”
Scheduled to be filmed in Nigeria, reports have it that the fourth season will last 90 days. However, further details have been kept away from the public.
The first edition was tagged Big Brother Nigeria. The second edition has the theme, ‘See Gobe,’ while the third edition was tagged ‘Double Wahala’.
Shell Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2019: Applications are now being received for the Shell Postgraduate Scholarships in UK. Students from the Niger Delta Region and Shell operation areas (Rivers, Delta, Imo and Bayelsa States) wishing to pursue their postgraduate degree in the UK can now take this scholarship opportunity to actualise their dreams. See scholarship details and apply. You can Apply also for other Scholarships in UK
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC).
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Scholarship level: Scholarships for Postgraduates Programs
Slots: Not Stated
Scholarship Worth: Not stated, see scholarship benefits within the post
Subject Eligibility: See eligible course in the table layout in the post
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for Nigerians
English Language Requirement: Refer to school admission requirements.
For the academic year commencing September 2019, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK–Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. studies. In the eight years of this programme, 79 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship
The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
Postgraduate Courses Covered by the Shell Postgraduate Scholarships.
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
|Imperial College London||· MSc Petroleum Engineering· MSc Petroleum Geoscience|
|University of Abeerdeen||· MSc Geophysics· MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas
· MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
· MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience
|University of Leeds||· MSc Exploration Geophysics· MSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering|
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
To qualify for the Shell Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2019 for Niger Delta Students to Study in UK, applicants must
- display sound intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- meet the individual university’s English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2018 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2019.
- be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified).
- currently reside in Nigeria.
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.
- have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper Honours degree).
- not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
- be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group or any Shell company or the local Nigerian consultant
- not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the local Nigerian consultant
Application Procedure for the Shell Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2019 for Niger Delta Students to Study in UK:
- Submit application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities and the local Nigerian consultant not later than June 15, 2019.
More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
- Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
Deadline for Application Submission: June 15, 2019