Former Barcelona and Spanish footballer, Pedro Rodríguez has become the first man to win arguably the five top trophies in world football.
The 31-year-old winger who scored in Chelsea’s 4 – 1 against Arsenal to help them secure the Europa League trophy has now won the Champions League, Premier League, Europa League, World Cup, European Championship, a feat never achieved in history. Although, he has many other trophies.
In terms of international titles, Pedro won the World Cup in 2010 and the European Championship in 2012 with Spain.
He’s won the Champions League three times, and added the Europa League to his European collection on Wednesday night.
Domestically, he won the Premier League with Chelsea in 2017, adding an FA Cup trophy in 2018. And of course, he was around for Barcelona’s era of dominance in Spain.
He won La Liga five times, the Spanish Cup three times, and the Spanish Super Cup six times. He’s also got two FIFA Club World Cups and five UEFA Supercup wins to his name.
In all, that’s 24 major trophies for a 31-year-old, who is still playing with the hope of landing more trophies.
1x World Cup (Spain)
1x European Championship (Spain)
1x Premier League (Chelsea)
1x FA Cup (Chelsea)
1x Europa League (Chelsea)
5x La Liga (Barcelona)
3x Spanish Cup (Barcelona)
6x Spanish Super Cup (Barcelona)
2x FIFA Club World Cup (Barcelona)
5x UEFA Supercup (Barcelona)
Sports Scholarships in UK 2019 at Newcastle University: To help students in sports-related disciplines, Newcastle University awards scholarships to students at undergraduate and masters level round the year. The scholarship scheme for 2019 session is now open for interested individuals to apply.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Newcastle University.
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding Scholarships
Scholarship level: Bachelors degree and Masters degree program scholarships
Slots: Not Specified
Scholarship Worth: Scholarships worth up to £10k.
Subject Eligibility: Scholarships for sports-related taught courses
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for international students
English Language Requirement: Not a necessary requirement.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Sports Scholarships in UK 2019 at Newcastle University are open to undergraduate and postgraduate students around the world and also current students.
- Applicants must demonstrate current and previous sporting achievements and be committed to improving their sporting career and represent the University.
- Selections of Sports Scholarships in UK 2019 at Newcastle University are done based on the senior or age group representative honors at the national and/or regional level.
- Applicants who belong to the National Governing Body (NGB’s) performance squad will also be taken into consideration.
- Priority is given to athletes competing in one of the following clubs are Badminton, Basketball, Fencing, Football, Rowing, Golf, Hockey, Lacrosse, Volleyball, Netball, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Squash, Table Tennis, Cricket, Tennis, Waterpolo.
- Applicants must have obtained a place or must be studying currently at Newcastle University.
- Candidates must have Regional/National/International standard within the last one year.
- Applicants are required to be a part of a National Governing Body Performance Squad or equivalent to be eligible for Sports Scholarships in UK 2019 at Newcastle University
Application Procedures for the Sports Scholarships in UK 2019 at Newcastle University:
Interested person can apply through the link provided.
Application Deadline: Open Round the Year