Are you a huge fan of video games? This is a big opportunity for you as PlayStation is on the lookout for gamers that will get paid for playing with their console as they prepare to release the PS5.
The job vacancy which on Indeed has one of its requirements being a passionate games player. This is not the only requirement as you the positions listed are for Brazilian, Russian and Arabic testers, which entails one has to be fluent in more than one language. The job role also includes making sure the audio and text in a video game is correct. A working knowledge of MS Office is also required.
Successful candidates will undergo a compulsory translation test after which the gamer begins his or her job. The working hours have been slated from 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
As a Localisation Tester, you will be making sure the audio and text in a video game are correct. You will need to have native level knowledge for the required language (grammar, spelling, and punctuation) and good attention to detail to find and provide corrections for errors. Occasionally, you will translate text for a video game or marketing.
Do you have a passion for languages and games? Do you enjoy finding linguistic mistakes in video games? Would you like to be part of an international team whose work has impact on players around the world? Then we would love to hear from you!
You must be eligible to work in the UK for the duration of the contract.
If successful, you will be invited to complete a mandatory translation test which will be sent via e-mail and must be completed within 1 hour of receiving it.
The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, working 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. The position is based in Liverpool.
SIEE partners with Yoh Solutions, who are a global staffing provider. If your application is successful, you will be employed by Yoh Solutions who will be your point of contact for any paperwork and payroll matters.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Test software to ensure all localised assets are correct from linguistic, consistency and display points of view.
Localised assets review:
- Proof-read and correct translations before they are implemented into the games, ensuring that quality, accuracy and consistency is maintained
- Occasionally provide translations for games, the packaging text for console and peripherals.
- Assist other teams with general testing duties when required
- Assist with project and process related tasks
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Fluency in English and one or more languages
- Passionate games player
- Good knowledge of computer games across multiple platforms
- Working knowledge of MS Office package
- Basic understanding of the development cycle and constraint
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.